Saied to IMF CEO: "If there's only one left, I'll be the one"!
Saied to IMF CEO: "If there's only one left, I'll be the one"! 12090
On the sidelines of his participation in Paris at the summit “for a new global financial pact”, the President of the Republic, Kaïs Saïed, met, on Thursday June 22, 2023, the Managing Director of the IMF Kristalina Georgieva. He reiterated his refusal of the "conditions of the International Monetary Fund for the financial support of Tunisia are unacceptable, because they will affect civil peace which is priceless".
He recalled the events of the bread which occurred at the end of December 1983, and at the beginning of January 1984, "when hundreds of martyrs fell, after the announcement of the lifting of the subsidy on cereals and its derivatives", reports a press release from the presidency. .
Saied to IMF CEO: "If there's only one left, I'll be the one"! 1-1589
He affirmed that he will not accept a single drop of blood being shed, pointing out that “whoever mentions a database, does not know the Tunisian reality”.
The President of the Republic has invited the Managing Director of the IMF to visit Tunisia when she deems it appropriate; an invitation that Kristalina Georgieva welcomed, setting the date for a later date.
Saied to IMF CEO: "If there's only one left, I'll be the one"! 1-1590

Kaïs Saïed a terminé ses propos en s’inspirant de Victor Hugo : « s’il n’en reste qu’un qui refusera les recettes du FMI, je serais celui-là ».

Source : sites Internet