Naguib Mahfouz...the icon whose glory was created by the love of literature
...Naguib Mahfouz 1--293
He created his unique literary philosophy from the fragrance of the streets of “Khan Al-Khalili”. So he took on the features of "the boys of our neighborhood" Between the stories of his novel “Madak Alley” He insisted on accompanying “Al Harafish” In "The Journey of Ibn Fattuta" Refusing to stand “before the throne” Then it becomes "The Honorable" Who won the Nobel Prize without seeking it... He is the master of detailed realism, the writer Naguib Mahfouz. Which was "love" He alone motivated the beginning of his literary life and defined its features.
His academic studies
He was born in 1911 in one of the popular neighborhoods in Cairo. He lived his childhood affected by the events of the 1919 Revolution, which shaped his literary memory. He joined Cairo University in 1930 and graduated from the Faculty of Arts, Department of Philosophy. Before he began preparing his master’s thesis on beauty in Islamic philosophy, he surprised everyone by changing his desire and decided to Interest innovelsand reading, and abandoning his field of academic study for the love of literature.
football player
He also decided to move away from football, in which he excelled, as he played as a defenderand was nicknamed "Lionheart" This is what he admitted in his book “Echoes of Autobiography.” In which he said, had he not turned to literature, he would have become a football player like the Egyptian legend Hussein Hegazy and became a Zamalek like him.

You can follow the investigation of the books of the giants of Arabic literature and the extent to which the younger generations benefited from them, on the Sayidaty digital version through this link. :Do the generations benefit from books by the giants of Arabic literature?
Late marriage
Love for literature was also a reason for the delay" Naguib Mahfouz “ about marriage, as he admitted in a press interview that he remained afraid of getting engaged so that his literary project would not be affected, and he said, “At that time, I was discussing myself in my diaries that I kept writing.” "Should I get married or not? And I thought that marriage would destroy my literary life.” “Unfortunately, what I said was incorrect. The truth is that my married life helped me, not the other way around.”
Brilliant musician
Also, the volume of "LoveLiterature" Features of Mahfouz’s musical biography: He joined the Institute of Music and studied musical notation. He also learned to play the “Qanun” " However, he did not complete that walk due to lack of time. Let the love of literature and his passion in his heart triumph over everything else, as usual.
...Naguib Mahfouz 1--79
Unrequited love
Love was also the only motivation for Mahfouz to complete his literary project without waiting for honors, which was evident in the moment he was informed of winning the "Nobel Prize" which was not He never expected it, and he received the news with his usual spontaneity and lightness after his wife woke him up from his sleep to tell him that he had won the most important award in the world. He responded with a smile, “Enough dreams, let me sleep.” Before he surprised her by saying that he was not thinking about thataward, and in the face of the official calls that came in to congratulate him, he sent his two daughters to receive the unique award from Swedenbefore "Mahfouz" The value of the prize is shared equally between him, his wife, and his two daughters, and he decides to donate his entire portion to kidney failure patients, while his wife and daughters get their share.

Source: websites