Dredging the Tigris River in 1848 BC
Dredging the Tigris River in 1848 BC 1448
Sin-Edinam was an Amorite king of the Larsa dynasty who ruled from 1785 BC until 1778 BC. He succeeded his father, Nur-Adad, and was succeeded in power by his son, Sin-Eribam. In the fourth year of his reign, he launched a campaign to occupy the city of Babylon, in the fifth year he launched a campaign against Ibrat and Malgyoum, and in the sixth year of his rule he launched a campaign to occupy the city of Eshnunna. A palace belonging to this king was discovered in Larsa.
Where the Tigris River was dredged in 1848 BC during the reign of King Sin-id-nam of Sumer.
The king documented the process of dredging the Tigris River on a vase and wrote on it:
Dredging the Tigris River in 1848 BC 2-29
I am the great king Sin-e-nam, king of Ur and Larsa, and king of Sumer and Akkad. The gods gave me their grace and supreme authority to make the decision to dredge the Tigris River, known for its abundance of water... to move the water. Fresh water for all the cities of my country, and this is one of the blessings of the sun god on the river that carries eternal water.
Upon the orders of the gods, I deepened the width of the Tigris River and completed this work with the help of my countrymen.
And now my name is established forever.

Source: websites