King Neferhotep I
King Neferhotep I 1-2983
Neferhotep I is a pharaoh of the Thirteenth Dynasty. Neferhotep I succeeded King Sobekhotep III on the throne of the country. The Turin Papyrus tells us that his rule extended for 11 years, and this makes him one of the first. Neferhotep I descended from a military family from Thebes. His father was called Haankhef and his mother’s name was Kami. His father had the title of Father of God, and Neferhotep had two brothers, each of whom later assumed the throne, namely Sobehotep IV and Wazara. Neferhotep’s wife, called Senseneb, had a number of children from her: Sahathor, who was the first of his children, Sobehotep, Haankhef, and Harhotep. Kings do not rule in this family.
King Neferhotep I 0--22
1 King Neferhotep I (Khaesekhemre) dynasty 13. He assumed power after King (Sebekhotep III) and his reign was 11 years, as stated in the Turin Papyrus.
King Neferhotep has important monuments in all parts of Egypt and abroad. In the town of Beblos (Byblos, located on the coast of Phenicia), a piece of stone was found engraved with a drawing of King Neferhotep, and with him was the prince of Beblos, who is called Benten, as the inscription mentions. He was performing the duties of obedience and loyalty to King Neferhotep, which indicates Until Phoenicia was subject to King Neferhotep.
King Neferhotep I 1-2984
One of the most important antiquities found of King Neferhotep is a large painting found in the buried Araba (Abydos). It dates back to the second year of his reign. He ordered it to be engraved to commemorate Neferhotep, in which Neferhotep mentioned the works he had done to celebrate the god Osiris. This painting is one of the few monuments that shows us the procedures taken to make and engrave stone panels based on the king’s orders.
A number of inscriptions were found on rocks in Aswan and Sahl Island (near Aswan) bearing the name of the king and the names of his family members and his wife, and from these inscriptions his family was identified.
A niche bearing a picture of him was found in the Karnak Temple, and the head of a column bearing his name was found, which is currently in the Berlin Museum. A number of scarabs with his name inscribed were also found in the Louvre Museum, the Turin Museum, and the Stuttgart Museum in Germany.

Source: websites