Amenhotep I (1557–1535 BC) 18th Dynasty (Amenophis)
Amenhotep I (1557–1535 BC) 18th Dynasty (Amenophis) 1-2986
Amenhotep I (sometimes written Amenophis I) (d. 1504 BC) was the son of Ahmose I and the second pharaoh of the Eighteenth Dynasty. He ruled from 1525 BC. Until 1504 BC. After his father expelled the Hyksos from Egypt.
When Ahmose I met his death, his son Amenhotep I was still young and had not reached the age of men to assume the throne himself, so Ahmose Nefertari took the reins of power in her hand and became regent to the throne, just as her mother Aahhotep did with Ahmose. “The first, as previously mentioned,
The eldest of Ahmose's sons is apparently Prince Saba-Eri. He held all the titles that qualified him for the throne, but he died during the lifetime of their father, King Ahmose, so Amenhotep I assumed power.
Amenhotep I was the son of Ahmose I and Ahmose Nefertari. His older brothers, Crown Prince Ahmosebeer and Ahmoseankh, died before him, paving the way for his ascension to the throne. Amenhotep likely came to power while still a young man, and his mother, Ahmose-Nefertari, appears to have been his regent for at least a short time. Evidence of this guardianship is that he and his mother are credited with establishing a workers’ settlement in the Theban cemetery in Deir el-Medina.
Amenhotep married his older sister, Ahmose-Meretamun, and it is believed that he also married Ahmose-satkamus.
It is not certain whether Amenhotep I fathered any children during his 21-year reign. Some scholars believe he had at least one son named Amenemhat, who died while still very young, but this is highly uncertain and other scholars argue against this idea.
Since Amenhotep I was the product of "three generations of fraternal marriage", it is likely that the effects of this inbreeding had a negative impact on the health and number of Amenhotep I's resulting offspring. With no living heirs, Amenhotep was succeeded by his military leader Thutmose I, who was also his brother-in-law by his possible sister Ahmose.
Many rock or papyrus inscriptions have been found describing aspects of life during the reign of this king, so we will present everything we have obtained about this king in the form of parts in which we will review his works, wars, buildings during his reign, and some inscriptions written by senior state officials in their tombs in The reign of King Amenhotep I (Amenves), which will open the door for us to know the period of this king’s rule

Source: websites