Love without meeting
Love without meeting 1---657
“May” was born in the town of “Nazareth” in Palestine on the eleventh day of February 1886, to a Lebanese father, Elias Zakhour Ziadeh, from the village of Shahtoul in Fattouh Keserwan, and to a Palestinian mother, Nozha Khalil Muammar, from the village of Nazareth.
“May” learned the principles of reading, writing, and Christian education in the schools of the Saint Joseph Apparition Sisters in Nazareth. When she reached the age of thirteen in the year 1899, she moved with her parents to the village of Shahtoul, her father’s birthplace in Lebanon, where she enjoyed the tranquility and magic of nature, and enjoyed her eyes on the beauty of the fields spread across the jalali, waving with ears, flowers, and perfume among the gray rocks standing in the embrace of those majestic hills, and in tranquility. From the silent stillness there for contemplation and soliloquy.
When she began to shine with her intellectual, literary, and musical talents, she traveled with her parents to Egypt in 1907, where she began to get to know an elite group of writers and intellectuals whom she would meet in the office of the “Al-Mahrousa” newspaper, which her father had established, at a time when she was increasing her Arabic culture, and the English and German languages. She began writing in the newspapers: Al-Hilal, Al-Muqtataf, Al-Ahram, and Al-Siyasah Weekly.
Love without meeting 1---1224
-In Egypt Ziadeh, I fell in love with Gibran Khalil Gibran to the point of madness
May Ziadeh loved Gibran Khalil Gibran to the point of madness, even in Egypt
For more than twenty years, they exchanged letters without meeting and never seeing each other
Twenty years he was in New York, and she was in Cairo, weaving the most beautiful love story, and when Gibran Khalil Gibran asked her for a picture...
She said to him: Imagine me how I am..
He said to her: I imagine your hair is short and frames your face.
So Mai went to cut her long hair, took the picture and sent it to him
?He said to her: Did you see that my imagination was true
She said to him: “Love was true.”
After the death of Gibran Khalil Gibran on April 10, 1931, May became ill and was admitted to a psychiatric hospital.
She remained there suffering from her illness until she died on October 17, 1941 AD.

Source: websites