?Where does knowledge come from
?Where does knowledge come from 1---1241
Socrates believed that true knowledge begins with admitting ignorance. He would say, "I know I don't know anything." Through dialogue and questions, he believed we could get closer to the truth.
Plato:
Plato, a student of Socrates, believed that knowledge comes from the world of ideas and ideals. In The Republic, he used the example of a cave to explain how the physical world is merely a shadow of the real world that can be accessed through philosophical reasoning.
Aristotle:
Aristotle, a student of Plato, believed that knowledge came from sensory experience and observation. He believed that the human mind could understand the world by collecting and analyzing data.
Descartes:
Descartes, the famous French philosopher, famously said: “I think, therefore I am.” He believed that thinking and doubt were the basis of true knowledge. For him, reason is the basic tool for attaining knowledge.
Immanuel Kant:
Kant tried to reconcile reason and experience. He believed that knowledge arises from the interaction of the mind with the physical world, and that we have limits to what we can know. He said that there are things that the human mind cannot fully comprehend, which are “the thing in itself.”
John Locke:
John Locke, the English philosopher, believed that the human mind generates a blank slate (tabula rasa) and that knowledge comes from sensory experience and interaction with the outside world.
David Hume:
Hume doubted the possibility of attaining absolute true knowledge. He believed that our knowledge is based on experience and habit, and that the mind cannot reach absolute certainty.
? what do you think
Whether you believe that knowledge comes from reason or experience, understanding these views can open new horizons in your thinking.

Source: websites