"Rebellious Spirits"
"Rebellious Spirits" 1---741
“Rebellious Souls” is a book that was first published in New York City in 1908 AD, in which Gibran collects four stories: The Rose of the Hani, The Cry of the Graves, The Bride’s Bed, and Khalil the Infidel. These stories illustrate how these spirits rebel against the customs, traditions, laws, and laws imposed by the authorities to suppress human freedom, limit their thoughts and actions, and at the same time impose a human rights privilege on one group of people at the expense of others. In this book, Gibran combines the crazy with the sane, the rebellious with the obedient, the oppressed with the oppressor, and the fallen with the virtuous, in a sweet musical style through which he depicts the emotions of different classes of people, from the beggar to the rich, and from the atheist to the saint.
In the book “Rebellious Souls,” Gibran Khalil Gibran explains to us how the human soul seeks to control others:
“The parent says to you: You are disobedient if you do not do like me.
- And the priest says to you: You are an infidel if you do not pray my prayer.
“The court tells you: You are a criminal if you do not follow my laws.”
? .So you answer them: Why
- They say: Because all people do that.
She screams in pain: But all people are miserable. And I want to be happy.
- They say: Be like all people, because you are not better than them.
“This is how humans remain alive and the ghosts of their ancestors are alive in their bodies.”

Source: websites