Battle of Shushan 647 BC
Battle of Shushan 647 BC 11327
Ashurbanipal describes his conquest of Shushan as follows:
“Shusa, the great holy city, the abode of their gods and the abode of their secrets, I was able to conquer it. I entered its palaces and opened its treasuries, and gold and silver and riches like hills were placed before me.
It destroyed the ziggurat of Susa and shattered its shining copper trumpets. It destroyed all their temples and gods and destroyed the graves of their former and new kings. The rays of the sun touched the bones of their kings and transported their bodies to the land of Assyria... Their land became desolate. "
This battle took place between the Assyrians, led by Ashurbanipal, and the Elamites, led by its last king, Khum-ban Caldash.
The sources did not mention the numbers of the two warring armies, but it seems that it was a big battle.
The goal of this battle was to annihilate the Elamites and annihilate their capital, Shusa (or Susa), because of their repeated attacks on the lands of Assyria. In fact, it was a massive and violent battle in which both sides lost heavy losses, but the Assyrians were able to defeat the Elamites and were able to enter the holy capital of the Elamites and capture the king of the Elamites. It is said that Ashurbanipal made him provide food to him. To humiliate him

Source: websites.