... The greatest samurai
... The greatest samurai 12754
Takeo Osahira (a true story that actually happened)
Who moved Japan from zero to the top (the reason for Japan's renaissance)
This is a strange story of a Japanese man named Takeo Osahira, who always wondered about the secret of the West’s advance over the East, until he found a simple answer: the engine and mechanics, so he says:
(If you know how to make it, you will have your hands on the secret of this entire industry)
So he left Japan for Germany on a mission; To study mechanics and engines, and obtain a doctorate degree, and he wants to transfer German science to his country and advance his nation, but he was surprised that the West does not teach foreigners except theories on paper, so he says: (I went to Germany and found them teaching me books and theories, but I want to have the ability To manufacture engines, and know how to deal with them,
... The greatest samurai 13-578
So I stayed in confusion, looking at the engines, as if I was a child in front of a beautiful, but very complicated, game, until I heard about an exhibition of Italian engines, so I took all the money I had, went to that exhibition, bought a used engine, took it to my house, and then proceeded to dismantle it. And I said if I took it apart piece by piece, then I could put it back together; This means that I will have the necessary knowledge to deal with these engines.
Then he continues, saying: (I used to open and disassemble the engines, then draw each piece accurately. This might take me a whole day from beginning to end. I ate one meal a day, and did not get any sleep except what enabled me to continue working. Then I reassembled it. When I returned it and started running it successfully, I was so happy that my heart almost stopped with joy.
Then I told the head of my mission that I had begun the journey. He gave me a broken engine and I repaired it successfully. He said to me: “You must now build us a complete engine made by yourself.”
After that, the head of the mission said: You must now make the parts yourself, then install an engine on them. In order to be able to do that, I joined the iron smelting, copper and aluminum smelting factories, instead of preparing a doctoral thesis as my German teachers wanted me to do.
I turned into a worker wearing a blue suit, and I stood submissively next to the Western metal smelting worker. I obeyed his orders as if he were a great master, and I even served him at mealtime, even though I was from a samurai family, and the samurai family is one of the most noble and ancient families in Japan.
But I am
I was serving Japan, and for the sake of Japan everything was made easy. I spent eight years in these studies and training, during which I worked between ten and fifteen hours a day, and after the end of the work day I would take a guard shift, and during the night I would review the rules of each industry in person. He continues his story by saying: “Then Mikado, the Emperor of Japan, heard about me and wanted to see me.

So I said to myself:
I will not be worthy of meeting him until I establish a complete engine factory, and that took me nine years.
After nine full years, I took ten engines and took them to the emperor. I told him, “These are 100% Japanese engines.” We turned them on and they started. The Mikado smiled and said: This is the sweetest piece of music I have ever heard in my life, the sound of pure Japanese engines. And so we took possession of the model, which is the secret of the West’s power, and transferred it to Japan. We transferred the power of Europe to Japan, and we transferred Japan to the West.
So look at this young man’s self-confidence, that confidence that prompted him to transfer this advanced technology and even develop it in order to benefit his country and his nation. It is the driving energy that does not subside, it is self-confidence.

Source: websites