A message about cutting the Queen's hair
A message about cutting the Queen's hair 1----465
A letter found in the palace of the Assyrian king Ashurbanipal and dates back to the period between 668-627 BC.
We understand from the text of the letter that the supervisor of the harem wing (Shakantu) had sent for a hairdresser from outside the palace, to cut the queen’s hair and dye it according to the queen’s desire.
However, a problem occurred that prevented the hairdresser from entering the palace, so she sent a message to the supervisor of the harem wing asking for her help to enter the palace and complete her work.
The content of the message states:
Madam Shakantu... I received your message and came quickly, but I am standing at the door of the palace of my lord the king for the second day. The guards are keeping me away and not allowing me to enter. I hope you will intervene with the palace supervisor, as he is the one who ordered me to be prevented from entering.
As for me, I have brought all my necessary tools to style the hair of my lady the queen, the lady of the palace of my lord the great king, the king of the four directions, and I read in your letter that my lady the queen wants to cut her long hair because it bothers her when sleeping, and the great queen also wants her hair to be dyed the color of henna. It is a beautiful color, and my matter is very simple. I have dyed the hair of hundreds of women with this color, and other colors, such as the color of the moon or the color of the sun. This depends on the desire of my lady, the Queen, so everything is ready.
But I don't know what to do if they don't let me in. I want to please the heart of my great lady and please you.
Notice that Assyrian women were known to dye their hair the color of the sun, perhaps meaning blonde...and to dye their hair the color of the moon.
Which may be platinum color, Imagine how elegant and beautiful Assyrian women have been since that time!

Source: The femininity and beauty of Assyrian queens/babylon the gate of gods/Shaalan Kamel Ismail