?How do you deal with a manager who harbors hatred and claims to cooperate
?How do you deal with a manager who harbors hatred and claims to cooperate 12081
It is difficult to deal with a passive-aggressive manager. But the limitations it places in front of you should not limit your ability to contribute to and develop in your work. Pay attention to his behavior patterns and try to anticipate when he will act aggressively. So instead of being blindsided by such a manager's actions, you can limit his ability to make passive-aggressive choices at key moments by setting work standards and clarifying expectations ahead of time. When your boss is passive aggressive, don't be tempted to reciprocate, because that will exacerbate his behavior by legitimizing it. Nor should you act in a way that contradicts your values. And you should avoid assertive confrontation with him. . It is better to assume that he is well-intentioned, as he may not know that he is behaving in an inappropriate manner. It may not be fair to force you to deal with the immature behavior of someone who makes more money than you and has influence over your future. On the other hand, that may seem fair. But you need to decide if your work and the company you belong to offer benefits to your career path that outweigh the cost to you of dealing with your boss's passive aggressive behavior.
Aggressive managers are not only a source of inconvenience in the workplace, as the behavior of the deceitful leader who is passive-aggressive, stealing the efforts of his employees and being overly critical of them can lead to the phenomenon of workplace bullying and dissatisfaction with it and the spread of psychological distress and depression among employees According to a group of studies completed by the University of Manchester, which included more than 1,200 people. And if you're struggling with your boss's harmful reflections, you're not alone. According to a Mental Health America test of more than 17,000 employees in 19 industries, 64% of employees do not feel their managers are adequately supporting them, while another survey found that 44% of employees quit a job because of sly manager
?How do you deal with a manager who harbors hatred and claims to cooperate 1-1571
Despite the many forms of bad behavior that managers may issue, passive aggressiveness remains the most difficult of these behaviors that an employee can deal with. There are many types of passive aggressive behavior. Some managers practice it by preventing the employee from getting the information he needs or by being overly controlling. While another may pit some employees against others, ignore you when you disappoint them, or deal with you with chronic hesitation. Working under such a leader can cost you a lot, both on and off the job. But the limitations it places in front of you should not limit your ability to contribute to and develop in your work. So here are 3 ways to take care of your emotional and psychological health, even if you work under a manager who doesn't even care about his personal health.
Anticipate his behavior and prepare for it
One of the executives I trained was reporting to the North American regional director of his company. This manager was mastering the game of monopolizing secrets; Any claim of access to information that the executive officer is ignorant of. This was a form of avoidance from direct confrontation as is the case for most passive aggressive people. Instead of outright disagreeing with that executive's view of the workflow, he said, "Well, I can understand why you see things that way, but there are more factors to consider than your location won't let you know." When my client asked him about these factors, his manager said, "I'm not allowed to share them with anyone now." This answer left the executive with no alternative but to defer to his manager's preferences in any decision he made. I directed him to ask his manager the following question before making these decisions: “Do I have enough information that I need to make the decision, or do you have other information that could change my choices?” This question forced the regional manager to make the decision alone from start to finish, or empowered the executive officer freely. So instead of being blindsided by such a manager's actions, you can limit his ability to make bland choices at key moments by setting standards and clear expectations ahead of time.
Don't stoop to his level
When your boss is aggressive with you, you may be inclined to reciprocate. And if you ask your boss why he ignores you and then he replies, "No, there's no ignoring, I don't know what you mean," it might occur to you to treat him at least as rudely and as coldly as he treats you. But it is useless. The same applies to the situation where you feel that your boss is unjustifiably stealing your efforts to gain recognition. Don't fall into the trap of telling other employees that you deserve this credit. They are likely to know this up front, and you will gain more respect when you act more maturely than they do.
?How do you deal with a manager who harbors hatred and claims to cooperate 1-1572
There are many problems that can result from your descent into exchanging passive aggressive behavior with your manager. First it only exacerbates his behavior by legitimizing it. Once you have descended to his level, it is as if you have colluded with him in an unspoken contract about how you intend to manage the conflict with him, and using a more mature and frank approach in dealing with him later becomes very difficult. Second, it will lead you to contradict your own values by engaging in behaviors that you yourself do not respect. And don't always assume that your boss is doing this consciously, or even deliberately. Most of the time passive-aggressiveness is an unconscious response to anxiety or a potential threat. This type of manager tends to feel lonely, insecure, and anxious. . So sympathize with him as much as you can instead of adopting an angry attitude towards him.
Resolve the matter respectfully
Direct confrontation with an aggressive manager is fraught with danger. You are dealing with a boss who has made it clear to you that he does not want to confront you and has disproportionate power over your life. I witnessed this once when a leader, tired of his behavior, said to her boss, "Don't even think for a second that I don't know what you're doing here. I know you haven't forgotten what happened in that meeting because I saw you writing it down. And your passive-aggressive bullshit doesn't fall for any of us." After the staff heard her, they applauded her for being assertive. But after a week she was fired. That's why there are effective ways to voice your concerns without triggering the behavior you're trying to get rid of in your boss. Although it may seem disproportionate to his behavior, going the extra mile to make your boss feel secure in his relationship with you can have long-term benefits. Managers who engage in passive aggressive behavior tend to reduce it when they feel higher levels of trust in others. So try not to rush to judge your boss and be realistic
I saw it happen subtly when another employee confronted her manager saying, "I've noticed in our last several meetings that you've made sarcastic comments about my work, and I don't know if that's just in jest, or if you really have concerns about the quality of my work. I didn't care at all this time." First, but after that's happened a few times, I just want to check it out with you. And if you have ideas on how I can improve, I'd really love to hear from you." In this way, this employee assumed the goodwill of her manager, because she focused not on hurting her feelings but on how to improve her performance. Her manager replied, "Yeah, I'm sorry, I probably shouldn't have done that. But since you asked..." He then went on to give her constructive information that she didn't take into consideration.

It may not be fair to force you to deal with the immature behavior of someone who makes more money than you and has undue influence over your future. On the other hand, that may seem fair. But you need to decide if your work and the company you belong to offer benefits to your career path that outweigh the cost to you of dealing with your boss's passive aggressive behavior. Because if not, you'd better find yourself a new manager.

Source: websites