King Sargon of Akkad
King Sargon of Akkad 1----92
Sargon of Akkad was the first king to unify Mesopotamia and establish the first empire in history. His dynasty ruled for about a century after his death.
Sargon of Akkad ruled from 2334 to 2279 BC
He was born as the illegitimate son of a priestess, and his biological father remained unknown. He says:
My mother was a high priestess. My father I did not know. My father’s brothers loved the hills. My city is Azobiano, which is located on the banks of the Euphrates River.
He invaded Syria and the land of Canaan four times, collected tribute from Elam and Mari, reached Anatolia, and his conquests extended to the Mediterranean and the Gulf until he reached Majan, and he was victorious in 34 battles.
The Akkadian armies were composed of well-trained soldiers equipped with modern weapons, and they operated in an organized and coordinated manner under the command of trusted officers. This army helped expand the empire and achieve economic, political and cultural growth during the reign of Sargon of Akkad.
The Akkadian language spread to become the official language of the Fertile Crescent and correspondence in the countries of the Middle East
He died at the age of 56 in 2284 BC. There are no details available about the cause of his death.
The character of Sargon of Akkad is considered one of the most respected figures. The fleets that were woven around him remained unknown until 1867, when the archaeologist Sir Henry Rawlinson discovered it in the library of Ashurbanipal during excavations in the city of Nineveh, and it was published in 1870.

Source: websites