From ancient Babylonian literature
From ancient Babylonian literature 1---182
A dialogue between two lovers reveals the extent of love and loyalty between them, and the text states:
Lover: Leave your senses, don’t talk too much
Is it true that the one who devotes himself to the company of women is like the one who saves the wind?
Beloved: My loyalty to you will endure, and the goddess Ishtar is my witness, and my love will be honorable, and shame will be the portion of those who slander me.
Beloved: What you say is true:
Beloved: I cling to you, and I will reconcile our positions by praying to the gods, and I will obtain your satisfaction, sir, as a gift to me forever.
Beloved: I will surround you like a fence and make you protected by Me.
Beloved: The gods will afflict whoever does not love you, she will take him with insomnia and throw him into the night without help.
Beloved: I will not listen to anyone but you.
Beloved: I have begun to feel the home of my beauty and charm. My upper lip has become moist and my lower lip is trembling. I will embrace you and kiss you, and then I will triumph over those who slandered me and return home happy. I swear to you by the gods, I will tell you what I express toward you. Your love means more than anxiety to me. And teasing.
- Beloved: My one and only person is that your charming features are as I used to know them, that I stand beside you and lean your head on me, O whose name was my beloved and still is.....

Source: websites