?!The Amazighs through the eyes of the Greeks 2100 years ago
?!The Amazighs through the eyes of the Greeks 2100 years ago 1-709
This is a Greek historian, Strabo, who lived in the first century BC. He gives us an accurate description of the lifestyle of the Amazighs before Christ.
He says :
"..This, then, is my account of Libya as a whole, but I must describe it in detail, beginning with its western or most famous parts. Where dwell the people whom the Greeks call the Maurusians. Most of the country, which is inhabited by the Mauricians (the Moors of the Amazighs of Morocco), is very fertile and they were very rich." ...
Then they beautify themselves and their appearance by braiding their hair, growing their beard, wearing gold jewelry, and also cleaning and washing their teeth, and trimming their nails. They rarely "touched" each other while walking, for fear that the jewelry in their hair would move out of place! They also wear hats and are very careful not to shrink or lose any of their elegance...
?!The Amazighs through the eyes of the Greeks 2100 years ago 1-2958
As for the army, Strabo was quoted.
Their knights mostly fought with spears, used bridles made of rush, rode unsaddled horses, and also carried daggers.
The "infantry" soldiers carried shields in front of their chests made of elephant skins, and they wore the skins of lions, leopards, and bears. They also used lion fur and covered themselves with it while sleeping.
I can be certain that these people (the Mauricians) and the Macilians, who lived after them, and the Libyans in general, wear the same uniform, and are similar in all other matters and fields. They use short horses, but they are fast
The horses wore collars made of wool, or hair, to which the bridle was tied (/tied to them), and some of them (the horses) even followed the other without being led, just like dogs! (A metaphor for obedience, a breed of Amazigh horses characterized by the same characteristics).
These people had small shields made of rawhide, spears with broad points, and wore unbuttoned tunics with wide borders, and as I said, they used skins, mantles, and armor.
“The book generally agreed that Mauritania is a fertile country, with the exception of a small part, which is the desert. It has lakes and forests of trees with a large area, and the soil produces everything. This is the country that supplied the Romans with tables consisting of a single piece of wood, of large sizes, and most of them Versatile.
So, according to the Greek historian Strabo, our ancestors were before
_ History They beautify their appearance, take care of their cleanliness...
_Our ancestors had formations of soldiers with their own uniforms...
Our ancestors had a domesticated breed of fast and disciplined horses, “the Barbary Horse.”
_There was industry, trade and export..
For more distinguished topics, follow our website here
https://sites.google.com/.../%D8%A3%D9%85%D8%A7%D8%B2%D9...13

Source: websites