King Ahmose I
King Ahmose I 1--1542
Ahmose I, (meaning son of Yah) was a king of ancient Egypt and the founder of the Eighteenth Dynasty. He was a member of the royal family of Thebes, the son of King Seqenenre and brother of the last king of the Seventeenth Dynasty, King Kamose. During the reign of his father or grandfather, Thebes rebelled against the Hyksos, the rulers of Lower Egypt. When he was seven years old, his father was killed, and at about ten when his brother died of unknown causes, and he ruled for only three years. Ahmose I assumed the throne after the death of his brother.
After his accession, he became known as Neb-Pity-Ra (Master of Power, Ra). The name Ahmose is a combination of the syllable 'ah' and the plural form '-muse'. The syllable 'ah' refers to Yah.
During his reign, he ended the invasion of the Hyksos and their expulsion from the Delta region. Thebes regained its sovereignty over all of Egypt and its lands previously subject to it from Nubia and Canaan.
He reorganized the country's administration, opened quarries, mines, and new trade routes, and began massive construction projects of a kind that had not been undertaken since the Middle Kingdom. Ahmose's reign laid the foundations for the New Kingdom, under which the Egyptian state reached its zenith.
King Ahmose I is an ancient Egyptian king who ruled during the Eighteenth Dynasty of the New Kingdom. He is one of the most famous pharaohs of Egypt, known primarily for his role in expelling the Hyksos, a foreign group that occupied parts of Egypt, and reuniting the country.
The reign of Ahmose I marked the end of the Second Intermediate Period and the beginning of the New Kingdom, a period of great prosperity and expansion for ancient Egypt. He is credited with the military campaigns that expelled the Hyksos from Egypt and restored its sovereignty.

During the reign of Ahmose, Egypt witnessed a cultural and artistic prosperity, characterized by the construction of magnificent temples and the development of hieroglyphic writing. He also strengthened Egypt's relations with neighboring regions and is often recognized for his contributions to the advancement of Egyptian civilization.
Upon his death around 1525 BC, Ahmose I was buried in his tomb at Abydos, leaving a lasting legacy as a pharaoh who played a pivotal role in restoring Egypt's power and unity after a period of foreign rule and division.

Source: websites