I found it among the rubble.. The most valuable and largest pure diamond in the world was found by a little girl
I found it among the rubble.. The most valuable and largest pure diamond in the world was found by a little girl 1-3046
I found it among the rubble.. The most valuable and largest pure diamond in the world was found by a little girl
Sotheby's has announced the world's largest flawless diamond, the Golden Canary, which weighs 303.10 carats and is yellow with a dark brown color.
The Golden Canary is the world's largest flawless diamond, among the largest polished diamonds, and the largest internally flawless diamond ever graded by the Gemological Institute of America.
So far, only 5 diamonds have been discovered that can come close to this amazing size.
The Canary Golden Diamond previously weighed just over 407 carats, being the largest pure diamond in the world.
It has been recut from its original shape to a traditional pear shape, and is now deeper in colour, brighter and more classic in profile.
I found it among the rubble.. The most valuable and largest pure diamond in the world was found by a little girl 1-3047
The Golden Canary Diamond is set to headline Sotheby's Magnificent Jewels auction in New York on December 7, with an initial estimate of up to $15 million.
The unveiling of the new Sotheby's auction comes just two weeks after the record-breaking sale of the Williamson Pink Star diamond for $57.7 million.
The history of the diamond and the strange way it was discovered:
The history of the famous Canary Golden Diamond began in the 1980s, when it was initially found among a pile of rubble by a young girl playing in her uncle's backyard.
At the time, miners from the nearby famous MIBA diamond mine in Congo deemed the stone too large to be a diamond and discarded it.
The miners did not know that the rubble had turned into a rough diamond weighing 890 carats, the fourth largest the world had ever seen.
I found it among the rubble.. The most valuable and largest pure diamond in the world was found by a little girl 12761
The girl gave the stone to her uncle, who sold it to local diamond dealers. Over the next five years, the rough diamond was cut into 15 finished stones.
The rough diamond could have been finished to become the world's largest cut diamond, but instead it was reduced to 407.48 carats to prioritize color and clarity.
The final product was the third largest cut diamond currently in existence.
The Canary Golden Diamond retained its ranking as the largest flawless cut diamond ever created and classified by the GIA.
The diamond was first introduced to the public in 1984 at the Smithsonian Institution's National Museum of Natural History, where it was displayed alongside the world's most legendary diamonds. Since then, it has appeared in numerous galleries and museums around the world.

The golden canary was set in a diamond necklace by Swiss jeweler Mouawad, and was named the world's most valuable necklace by the Guinness Book of World Records in 2013.
The largest historical diamond and the largest flawless diamond will be displayed on a world tour starting at Sotheby's in Dubai. It will then be taken to other cities including Taipei, Geneva and Hong Kong before being auctioned in New York.

Source: websites