The historical slap
The historical slap 1--1552
The most famous slap in history: In the sixteenth century, in a German village, there was a child called (Gauss) who was a smart student and whose intelligence was of the extraordinary type! Whenever the mathematics teacher asked a question, Gauss was the first to answer the question.
This deprives his classmates of the opportunity to think about the answer.
One time, the teacher asked a difficult question, and Gauss answered it quickly, which angered his teacher!! So the teacher gave him a math problem and said: Find for me the result of adding the numbers from 1 to 100, of course, to distract him from the lesson and make room for others.. After exactly 5 minutes, Gauss said in an excited voice: 5050
The teacher slapped him in the face and said: Are you kidding ?!
Where are your accounts?!
Gauss said: I discovered that there is a relationship between 99 and 1 and their sum = 100. Also, 98 and 2 equal 100, 97 and 3 equal 100, and so on until 51 and 49, and I discovered that I got 50 pairs of numbers! Thus, I wrote a general law to calculate this problem, which is n (n+ 1) /2, and the result became 5050!!!.
The teacher was astonished by this genius and did not know that at that moment he had slapped the great scientist: Friedrich Gauss, one of the three most famous mathematicians in history.

Source: websites